NETFLIX has this week pushed ahead with its account sharing ban – and viewers aren’t happy about it.
Despite months of warning, Google searches for ‘cancel Netflix’ have surged just days after the password crackdown came into force in the UK and US.You should note that your Netflix subscription will not end as soon as you’ve decided to leave[/caption]
Fortunately, Netflix, like most streaming services, works on rolling monthly contracts, so you can cancel at any time.
Whether you’re a pro-password-sharer who wants to try out another streaming service, or you’re trying to reign in your monthly outgoings – simply follow these instructions:
How to cancel my Netflix subscription
- From your laptop or computer, log into your Netflix account.
- Select any profile.
- Open the menu found in the top right corner and select Account.
- You should see a Cancel Membership button under the ‘Membership & Billing’ header.
- Finally, hit the Finish Cancellation button to complete the process.
Can I cancel Netflix on my phone?
- Open the Netflix app.
- Tap any profile.
- Hit the profile image at the top right and find Account.
- Select the Cancel Membership button.
- Then finally, tap Finish Cancellation.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
MONEY SAVERAndroid ‘six tap’ trick can save you from bank nightmare – it costs to ignore
ROTTEN APPLEApple ‘set to discontinue’ beloved iPhone models this year – check your device
DIAL INiPhone users are just realising there's a free trick to make calls without signal
SPEED IT UPPeople are just realizing Wi-Fi speeds ‘slowed’ by two common household items
AMAZ-INGFlat owners struggling with Amazon deliveries find Ring gadget may be the answer
I-SAVEiPhone owners are just realising three clever tricks to save money each month
Does my Netflix subscription end immediately?
No, your Netflix subscription will not end as soon as you’ve decided to leave.
It depends when your payment date is.
You’ll continue to have access until money is usually taken from your account.
At that point, access will be revoked.
Is it free to cancel Netflix subscription?
The great thing about Netflix is it’s a monthly rolling contract.
This means it’s free to leave whenever you want.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org